May 26, 2012
10 Writerly Things to do with Your Three-Day Weekend
Written by Michelle Junot
- Go to your local library and rediscover your favorite childhood book. (If you’re still a child, discover your favorite book.)
- Check our our past Wednesday Writing Prompts and write a little something. Don’t forget to post it in our comments!
- Drink and flip some burgers.
- Discover an independent bookstore in your city or community, and buy a book that you’ve never heard of. Take the weekend to read it!
- Find out which of your favorite writers spent time in your area and check out any museums or landmarks associated with said awesome writers.
- Play writing games with your favorite group of friends at your Memorial Day barbecue.
- Find a new coffee shop in your area and write no less than 400 words before you leave.
- Head to your favorite park, create Andy Goldsworthy-inspired art, and write about your experience.
- Check out a local winery, go for a tasting, maybe take a tour if they have a vineyard on the premises. Feel cultured.
- Go somewhere quiet. Really quiet. Deathly quiet. Write about the quiet. Write a story with no dialogue.